Friday, October 21, 2016

TGIF

It felt good when Thursday drew to an end because it means my week is officially over! This week has been a long and emotionally vexing week. I remember there was this particular day where i felt so stressed out that i kept praying for the bus to come so i could get home asap and fall into a deep sleep and not think about anything. I am so glad that the tough part is over and i can enjoy my weekend now :) Thank God for tiding me through and for friends who listened to my (partial) rantings haha.

Had an outreach session yesterday during LG. Street evangelism is something that i always dread, and when i had to do it, something i want to get it over and done with. But God reminded me what outreach was all about - ministering and meeting people at where they are. And when i finally understood this point, it went beyond giving people invitations and became an avenue where i can listen to their needs and pray for them. And yes, we managed (my team at least) to pray for almost everyone that we came across! It feels great to be able to bless someone :D

I had a great experience yesterday not because i managed to give out invites but because i felt that i was able to be who Jesus is to me to them.

I am going to share an article here that expounds on the core of evangelism. It encouraged me greatly and i hope it will do the same for you too.
https://bible.org/illustration/how-jesus-interacted-people

Also, i recently realised that our church has a spotify playlist for all the songs sang in the month!! I am listening to it right now and God is sending me happy vibes through the songs because it keeps playing praise songs!! I am not even kidding. It is on shuffle mode but upbeat songs keep flooding in. Hehe. Feeling blessed and loved ^^ Here are two oldies but goodies and definitely a great reminder of who God is to me through this week! :) Have a blessed week ahead everyone!

Song no. 1: You Are Good 
I want to scream it out
From every mountain top
Your goodness knows no bounds
Your goodness never stops
Your mercy follows me
Your kindness fills my life
Your love amazes me 
I sing because You are good
And I dance because You are good
And I shout because You are good
You are good to me to me 
Nothing and no one comes
Anywhere close to You
The earth and oceans deep
Only reflect this truth
And in my darkest night
You shine as bright as day 
Your love amazes me
With a cry of praise my heart will proclaim
You are good You are good
In the sun or rain my life celebrates
You are good You are good

Song no. 2: Promises 
Singin' all your promises wont let go of me
Singin' all your promises wont let go of me
Singin' all your promises wont let go of me
Singin' all your promises wont let go of me 
I surrendered my life to your ways
I have learned what it means to obey
Jesus my heart has been changed by you
I am walking the path you have made
I am seeking the truth every day
Jesus my heart has been changed by you 
I couldn't walk away if I tried
'Cause your love is better than life 
Now the sun's shining bright
And it just wont set
'Cause your love is a light and it lights my step
My heart is amazed every day to the next
Your joy overtakes and I can't forget about it

No comments :

Post a Comment