Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lover of my soul

Photo: bythewayimjordon / Lyrics: Give Me Jesus by All Sons & Daughters / Edited by: Me
Sometimes there are battles so hard to fight that i want to run away. I get weary, i get sad. It is never easy, it is always tough. But as hard as i try, i cant turn away from Jesus. His love compels me even through the darkest of times.
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
In this life I've had many wants and distractions. There has been many brawls and struggles. But there is only One's arms i want to run into. There's only One who can fully satisfy my soul. People can conjure many fanciful ideas and arguments about God but dont you see those are just a waste of time? All i want is Jesus. I couldnt care less about senseless talks. But though my soul, like Lot's, is distressed by the lawlessness of the age and my heart longs for heaven where my Father is, i will pick up hope and carry on. For my work here on earth is not yet finished; for there is a war to win before returning home.

Still, my heart is set on Christ because there is nothing the world could offer that I would desire more than His presence. Everything is just a way to pass time till I see my Maker once more.

In the morning, when I rise 
When I am alone,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

No comments :

Post a Comment