Friday, March 20, 2015

"Like the mystics, I wanted my soul to fly through the air, powdered with the pollen of the frosty night, dusting the stars with the clouds from my feet."



I went back to SP today. It brought back a lot of memories. The damned hill littered with smokers and clogged with people moving so sluggishly every morning that by the time i reached my class i would have been 15 minutes late; the $1 nuggets that i spammed every single break because it was so cheap; the oversized open study area with gigantic fans... i missed every single bit of it. I really had the time of my life in poly and i never ever regretted choosing poly over jc no matter what people say.

Most of all, i miss the SP kids. I love meeting the SP people because i saw how they were when they first came in and how brillantly they shine for Jesus now. When i left SP, things were pretty unstable. But everything changed thereafter. The kids now lap up God's word like nobody business. They pray, they fast, they intensely study the Bible, they bravely share their faith, they are in tuned with the spiritual realm. They don't obey God - they yield to Him. I am ashamed of myself but i am always proud and happy to see them so passionate.

I have been so caught up with work that i had forgotten my true source of joy and my ultimate destination. I want to set my sights on things unseen, things so far in future that nobody has heard or even seen before. Results, tests, homework all seem so minute in comparison to eternity (not that they are unimportant).

Lord, i pray this prayer today. Let me know Your heart and fulfil the calling that You've set me on. Prune me, and bring me to greater spiritual heights. I don't want to walk in the physical realm. I want to walk in the spiritual realm. Make my heart complete and let me dwell in Your midst. May Your presence be my joy now and forever. Amen and amen.

Things i'll like to commit myself to:
1. Prayer and intercession
2. Bible study
3. Worship

I am going to learn to love spending time with God. I don't know how. But i will.

No comments :

Post a Comment