Monday, September 30, 2013

Project: Get More Wrinkles


Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? 
Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will. 
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

As i write this, the melodic Young and Beautiful flows through my ears. Thank you for those who made my twentieth celebration a joyous one. I do not have all the photos but the end of the day, all that matters are those whom i placed close to my heart. It struck me that birthday celebrations are pretty superficial. On the surface, it seems to be an event that honors the birthday person but if you examine closely, it is not so much about the birthday person than the people surrounding him/her. Presents, cards and exaltation are all meaningless unless you have a loved one to celebrate with. And there is nothing i want more than to spend this special day(s) with people whom i hold dearly in my heart. Whether the celebration takes place two weeks earlier or two weeks later has ceased to be important. So thank you to those who took time out for me. If only everyday was my birthday...

Truly, it is not about what you do but whom you do it with.

No comments :

Post a Comment