Monday, October 1, 2012

What's in my playlist

Decided to collate my current favourite songs. Here goes:

I Wish by FT Island


FT Island is baaaaaaaack! YES! I CAN HEAR HONGKI'S VOICE AGAIN! I dont think i can ever be sick of his voice. It is so powerful and unique. It doesnt hurt that he looks handsome too *shy*

I am actually very sad that this band is not as popular as other korean bands out there. Because this band is a 100% power band! Like srsly. Everyone is so talented. And each member actually plays an instrument/sing. As for other korean bands, they rely heavily on packaging. I dont mean that they dont have talent but you gotta admit that the way they package themselves helped a lot. And also the dance moves and all.

Actually, i dont care if a person can dance or not. You're in the music industry, the main focus should be on your vocals or instruments rather than how well you can dance, you know? Look at most korean bands now. If you stripped away their packaging, their looks and their dance moves, will you be able to differentiate one from another? I know that Big Bang has a lot of focus on their packaging and dance moves but if you stripped away all those, they are still the best. I mean, have you heard GD or Daesung sing?? Every time i listen to Daesung in Fantastic Baby when he has to reach the high notes powerfully, my jaw drops. I really dont know how he does it. And GD, he just has this magical tone to his voice. Soothing - even when he is rapping. Packaging aids them but it is not the reason why they do so well.

Honestly, most korean bands sound the same nowadays but FT Island is one of the few exception. Which is why i find them refreshing and i appreciate them so much.

That XX by G-Dragon


THIS is exactly what i meant. Both the song and the MV are very meaningful unlike most korean bands out that singing about love and rapping about nonsensical stuff =.= Nothing against love songs but im literally drowning in it. Some of them are really terrible. Classic example: No More Perfume On You by Teen Top. The title turns people off already but the lyrics is another level of horrible. It is portrays cheating in a good light. Srsly? =.= And because of these kind of things, people have a stigma when it comes to kpop which makes me sad because THERE ARE GOOD SONGS/BANDS OUT THERE OK.

Out of the MVs and songs that GD released for his new album, That XX is my favourite. It sounds very smooth and melodious. The only thing I cant stand about the MV/song is that they bleep out the curse word. So in every chorus you will hear that irritating beep. Hence the 'XX' in the title. I went to download the non-clean version because i dont understand Korean anyway so im not offended by whatever he was cursing hahahaha.

The MV is so meaningful too. It actually has many underlying message and if you watch it carefully, it actually TELLS the actual meaning of the song. Yes, the song kind of has a double meaning. Go youtube 'eatyourkimchi that xx' for a detailed explanation.


Chau Chau by Deli Spice


When i heard the song in Running Man, i fell in love. It is just so nice and indie-ish. The lyrics are super duper mega ultra simple but the melody is so catchy. It makes me happy and dreamy, idk why haha. Definitely in my list of All-Time Favourites.

It Had To Be You by Motion City Soundtrack


What if it was you~ youuu~ Hahaha this song is very fun to sing to.

Shotgun Serenade by The Juliana Theory


Omg, i have been searching for this song like mad! I used to love it in secondary school days but i had forgotten about it. Once in a while, it will pop into my head and all i can remember is that the lyrics has the word "train". Unfortunately that is not enough to find the song. A few weeks back, i was reading my old entries back in my sec sch days and i found one post with this song labelled as song of the day. HAHAHA I am so glad that i found it. After so many years, i still love the song.

50 Ways To Say Goodbye by Train


Is it just me or does it reminds you of Phantom Of The Opera in a way?

Any song (I literally mean any song. This is not a title) by The Drums.
I discovered them on Youtube when i was just randomly clicking on interesting songs found at the sidebar. Usually i dont rip about an artists' songs. By that i mean when you look at my iTunes, you will realise that each artist only has a handful of songs. I just listen to their hits and yeah, thats about it. This applies to Cher Lloyd, Big Bang, FT Island etc. Yes, even Cher Lloyd, my idol. Which is why i dont call myself a fan. To qualify as a fan, the least you need to do is to know all of their songs right? But i dont. The best i can go is to admire the artiste, like how i admire Cher Lloyd. I guess the easiest way to understand this is that im not a fan of anybody. Im just a fan of good music. So anyway, i think i might have listened to just about all the songs from The Drums because they are awesome like that.

Unattainable by Little Joy


What a cute song. I dont know how to describe this track but it is just sooooo cute!

No comments :

Post a Comment