Tuesday, April 25, 2017

COUCH POTATO


It's 11.03 right now and I am home munching on a packet of potato chips. I finished the final exam of my entire life today and this marks the unofficial end to my uni life. I dont know what to feel. I mean it feels just like any other day. As i reflected briefly on the last 4 years, the only regret i have is that i should have let my hair down more. I wished i had led a more exciting uni life but oh well, it's been alright. It's not like i particularly enjoy living anyway, shrugs.

What i am looking forward to though is what i'm gonna plan to do post-uni life. I'm going to create a list here and check back again next week to see my progress.

1. Read 2 books a month
Ok, I know i haven't been doing my book reviews (the last of which was in October) but I have been reading. The good news is, I completed Counterfeit God and PS I Love You amongst other titles which i think are inappropriate to share right now. But as for the 2 books, i would say speed read through Counterfeit God and skip PS I Love You (sorry Y but really, there are waaaaaaaay better romance books out there).

I've always wondered how Tracy never fail to be able to find a story from the bible related to the message that she's preaching and i realised it all boils down to an expansion of exposure to expository Christian writings. Therefore, I am going to try to build up my knowledge of the bible by doing in-depth research. To balance things out, I will also read a non-Christian book of my choice. I have a growing list of novels I want to read and it's high time i start striking them off.

Target for the remaining month of April: To finish off Spiritual Leadership (LOL I have been reading this since Sept but in my defence it is a book that requires you to reflect rather than just consume and go) and Panic (this one worse, I think i started it 3-4 years ago and am only halfway through).

2. Finish Pastor Benny Ho's Revelation Sermon Series
This is a complete joke. The entire series comprises of 7 CDs and while i was watching the 3rd or 4th one, the CD got stuck in my macbook and it remained there for nearly a year. I had every intention to just leave it in until my dad managed to pry it out and now i can finally resume this series.

Target for the remaining month of April: To finish the series.

3. Watch shows
13 Reasons Why
Black Mirror
The Liar and His Lover

Ok let's just cap it at there because the list will just go on if i were to state everything down.

4. Spend time with my grandmother
I'm just gonna stay over at her house and achieve my above targets. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone woohoo. And also to potentially learn cooking from her too. She's my favourite chef everrrrrr :D

5. Resume my once a week exercise/sports
*Cries*

6. Reflect and blog more
I have been getting random thoughts in my head and i jotted some of them down on my phone. Time to start expounding on them.

Alright that's it. Let's hope i can achieve at least 1 & 2 by the end of the month. Bye bye BYEEEE!

No comments :

Post a Comment