Thursday, October 8, 2015

P&W

on praise and worship
I used to prefer worship over praise songs because worship songs are quieter and meditative... a more conducive genre for me to feel God's presence. But I have been really, really, really loving praise recently! Who says you can't immerse yourself and experience God through upbeat praise songs as much as worship songs (I am currently obsessed with CEDM whoop whoop!!)!?


I remember there was a lot of controversies when Hillsong's Wake first came up because people thought it was too worldly/ too EDM etc etc. I had my reservations too but i suppose any song that is made to glorify God can be considered holy! I think we shouldnt limit ourselves to thinking that loving God shown through a serious and solemn manner. I think God is happy to inhibit in our praise and joy and shouts too! 

on the expressions of praise and worship
I used to only clap my hands during praise. It remained like that for 3 years. 3 years!! Imagine just standing still and clapping and singing lol. I mean, come on! If people can get high on nothing and club like mad every weekend, then shouldn't we be more compelled to get high on Jesus and party hard every Saturday? God deserves so much more! 

That really changed my perspective and now I can't help but want to jump, clap, sway and laugh to the music. I don't care if the people around me are deadpanned. I'm just gonna praise God #handsintheair #swaytothebeat #shoutandclap :D Actually... i secretly want to grab the hands of the person beside me and twirl around during praise HAHAHA. But i don't dare. Which is why I'm always in awe of those people who freely dance in the spirit near front of the stage. I don't know them personally but i can recognise their faces and whenever they are near me I'm just like shooting byung-byung eyes. 

byung byung eyes
Woohoo, can't wait to get to heaven and praise and worship God! Imagine how awesome it will be with EVERYONE celebrating His goodness! WHOOP WHOOP! I WANNA PARTY FOR CHRIST! I WANNA GET DRUNK IN GOD'S GOODNESS #PUTYOURHANDSINTHEAIR #SWAYTOTHEBEAT #SHOUTANDCLAP

on the reason behind praise and worship
As you may know, I was struggling a few months back. Honestly, my situation has not changed for the better. In fact, things got complicated and more problems arose. Lol. But i think God really poured me an extra dosage of His joy since then and i don't feel as frustrated and angry as i did. I am currently obsessed with Hillsong's Energy (#CEDMforthewin!!) and i think it is what God is to me at this moment. Thank you Jesus for being my vitality pill  :)



Now, back to essay writing.

No comments :

Post a Comment