Saturday, October 24, 2015

"Follow me, and I'll make you fishers of men."

For the first time, I am beginning to understand in my heart the privilege of being a LGL.

Someone came to me and said (not in exact wording) "I can't do it on my own anymore. Help me seek God."

Did the person turn to me only because I am their leader? Most likely. I wouldn't think they would have came to me if not for my spiritual authority. And that's when I realised I have been given access to someone's pain through this position of mine. How precious, how fragile this trust is.

Being a church leader really is a personal struggle for me. But now i see the privilege that comes with it. Indeed, being able to play a part, being able to witness a life being transformed by Christ... what great and inexpressible joy that is :)

I am aware that I have only talked from the perspective of a leader but there are other roles that can have this entitlement as well - a trusted sister, a close friend, or even simply as a stranger with a listening ear. The point is: know that wherever you are placed, you are influential in your position.

No comments :

Post a Comment