Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cafe: Loysel's Toy Cafe / Book: What Gives Us Our Names

My timetable sucks. The only consolation i have is that i live in a hostel so its good to know that i can retreat to my safe haven within 20 minutes in comparison to the 2.5 hours travelling time if i were to stay at home. The hall i live in is pretty, other than the fact that it is at the far end of school and it is right next to a jungle. But the best part has got to be other church members living in hostel too. 

I did not know that there were so many people from my church living in hostel. In fact, i just discovered that there is someone from church living 2 rooms away from me! And its great because everyone is a whatsapp away to meeting up for meals. I had an impromptu brunch and dinner the other day. And an impromptu worship session. I was grumbling because JJ called us early in the morning and took away my sleeping time but i think i was secretly happy inside. Hahaha, and the fact that im staying with XX means we can do worship together and bible readings and talk about anything in the darkness at night while drifting off to sleep. The whole environment really reminded me of Acts where believers gathered everyday to share life and everyone was everyone's family. This greatly encouraged me.

I didnt have any lessons today so i went to Loysel's Toy Cafe to have my first shepherding with my new shepherd. The shop name is misleading because there are no toys in sight at all. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the meal (Egg Ben Trio!) and the time spent. It is located at one ulu part of Lavendar but i love discovering hidden gems. It makes me feel as though i am on an adventure far off from the world.

"Truly," he said, "It is what we love that gives us our names."
And i finally returned Anginn her book. What Gives Us Our Names is an extremely short and simple read yet so inspiring. I am going to get one copy for myself.

Overall, this week has been pretty good to me so far. I will probably do a room tour soon because it is kind of hard to find information on the internet regarding NTU's hostel. I'm just left with a few decor to go. We'll see how. Till then.

No comments :

Post a Comment