Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Towards Your light I come running, I come running

A car is made to run on petrol, and it would not run properly on anything else. Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other. That is why it is just no good asking God to make us happy in our own way without bothering about religion. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.
- CS Lewis, Mere Christianity

I have had quite a decent childhood. I come from a family where love is never lacking. Yet, in an incomprehensible way, i experienced happiness like never before after coming to know Christ. Love and joy overflows my heart as if there was a limit previously and now the limit is gone and i am able to go far beyond what i was able to do. I am able to love like never before, be happy like never before...

I want to share this happiness with friends and people i love. I want them to experience this joyfulness! I want them to bask in an overflowing amount of love! I want them to be as loved as i am, to be as happy as i am because come on who wouldnt want their loved ones to be happy?? This gift - this gift of happiness - is the greatest gift i have to offer to anyone though I understand that not everyone would want to accept it.

To the person who has been telling me how the bitterness inside her has now been replaced by an unspeakable joy; how she wakes up every morning and knows that she is loved, how she is able to let go of the frustrations in her life and be at peace... Congratulations. I am happy not because you became a Christian (this kind of labelling feels wrong because it is more than just believing in Jesus) but because you are experiencing true and complete happiness now (':

Thank you for being my friend and for supporting me through these years. I know that our friendship will only be better from now on for now we are holding on to the same love, same happiness and most importantly, same hope.

Happy 1 month (:
2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit-just as you were called to one hope when you were called- 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Ephesians 4:2-6

No comments :

Post a Comment