Wednesday, February 14, 2018

VALENTINE'S DAY


We celebrated our first Valentine's together today! It was a pretty normal like any other dates because YX doesn't buy into gimmicks haha. So we simply shopped for my new glasses, ate dinner, and talked.

Tbh, I had hoped for a day filled with events, but I knew it wasn't going to happen because of his personality. If it were me, I would plan a day of fun activities for us to do and celebrate (like his upcoming birthday!), but i've learnt that your partner can't satisfy all your desires according to your preferences. Instead, I'm grateful that he suggested taking leave just to spend the day together, and for staying up late to make me a card ❤️.

And most importantly, I'm very thankful that he accompanied me to my grandma's place for lunch. It turned out to be the best decision ever because my grandma received Christ!!

I've been praying with her and teaching her to pray ever since her health scare a few years ago, but never got the opportunity to share Christ because I didn't feel it was the correct timing. But while I was praying yesterday, HS prompted me that today could be a good day to testify. I was still unsure if I would share the gospel with her until the moment presented itself. To my surprise, she decided to accept Christ when I asked!

I know that this isn't the end of my grandma's faith journey – "backsliding" is very possible – so I'm planning to go through First Steps with her. Not sure how I would do it, or when would I even get the chance to do it as there are always relatives around, but I'm sure God will provide a way ðŸ˜Œ.

Looking back, I take what I said in the beginning back. Today was a pretty eventful day, in a HS-esque manner. Best Valentine's Day ever, and best Valentine's Day gift ever. After all, Valentine's all about love, and there is no greater love to celebrate than the Love from above :)

No comments :

Post a Comment