Saturday, December 3, 2016

HYMNS


Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise. 
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee. 
Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee. 
Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose. 
Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne. 
Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee. 
// 
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light. 
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one. 
Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power. 
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art. 
High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

We wanted to sing carol songs in light of the Christmas season in office on Friday but it somehow turned into a hymn sing along. Not complaining though because I got to sing my favourite hymn - Take My Life And Let It Be.

I first heard of this song last semester when J asked me to attend her choir lunchtime concert. The lyrics moved me so deeply that i began to tear. Both the imagery and the accompanying melody are so beautiful like, yes Lord, take it all. My hands, my feet, my mind, my lips. Everything I have is yours. Let everything i do be consecrated unto You.

We transited to the second song titled Be Thou My Vision. It was such a coincidence because i only discovered this song a few days back while doing a reading plan. The reading plan talks about having God's vision in everything we do and because of the song flow, the environment i was in and how the past week has been, the grander scheme of things just hit me. Worship that day found me humbled, convicted, ministered and reignited.

I suppose it was God's way of prepping me. Moments after the worship, things got ugly. Really, really ugly. You'd think i would have lost all faith based on track record. Yet somehow, there was this deep sense of reassurance within me that everything will be fine. This is God's work. If God is spearheading it, then nothing can stop it from coming to pass. I just have to look beyond the current situation and work hard at weeding out the entanglements.

Have faith and be humble. Help me to keep exercising these, Lord!

Also, check out Rend Collective's folk rendition of Be Thou My Vision here.

No comments :

Post a Comment