Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Veil

Recently I've been doing research on animal sacrifice in the OT (it's for a post that I will post up after refining it) and it reminded me how precious God's presence is.

I think sometimes we take God's presence for granted. We think, "Ah I can do QT another day. I can go church/LG another day. I can worship another day. Another day. Another day. Another day."

But you know, before Christ came, people can't even enter the presence of the Lord at all. The holiest of the holies had to be separated by a veil. Only a priest could enter - and not without a price. They could only enter into the presence of God once a year and they had to sacrifice animals. (I don't know what's worse - the people standing behind the veil, so close and yet so far away from God or God whom watched from behind the veil, longing to be with His people). But after Christ came, we are able to freely come into His presence. And yet we say another day Lord, another day.

I think I'd like this post to be a reminder - that God's presence should not be taken for granted and there is no more veil that could ever separate us from God. 

The only veil left is ourselves.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

No comments :

Post a Comment