Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I am trapped in a boxing ring.

My nose is bloody. My vision is blurred. I can't even stand.

Yet here I am, getting punched repeatedly with no way out. I am so tired already. Let them beat me up  for all they want. I just want to slump in a corner, close my eyes and drift off. I find myself thinking, "when will this all end?"

I can almost taste the iron at the tip of my tongue now. God where is the victory that you promised me? I'm starting to lose my focus. I cry out, "where are you God?"

A pause.

And then I hear his reply. Repeated in various forms.

A wave of relief rushes over me. My breathing regains its steady tempo. I feel better already. God assured me of his presence and his presence is comforting for I'll know that he is still in control, even in a losing fight.

I had forgotten something, though. I had forgotten that my God is a God who understands what I'm going through because he has went through it himself - and worse. For when Jesus cried "Abba Father, why have you forsaken me?", there was no answer. I don't think I'll be able to get up if God ever turns his face away from me. I think I'll just give up and die there. There's no way I would be able to cope.

But God did reply.
His presence is still with me.
And so, I trudge on.

Ecclesiastes 3:11a
He has made everything beautiful in its time.

No comments :

Post a Comment