Sunday, January 18, 2015

Steward it well & Pass it on


1. I got to spend extra time with the two loves of my life. I had wanted to spend more time with my popo because even though i visit her every Sunday, it was always a short 30 minute. So i went down after school one day and brought some Old Chang Kee as well. We even slept side by side together hehehe. And although i did not plan to go out with my other grandmother, my aunt suddenly had some restaurant promotion and i managed to eat (8 course lunch!!!) and spend time with my mama. Very fulfilling indeed, haha. You can totally see the chocolate that's stuck on my teeth even after trying so hard to remove it.

2. I keep saying i want to go India to do missions but honestly, im just all talk and no do. Previously my friend invited me a Christmas party outreaching to indian migrant workers in SG but i just excused myself. Why? Because my heart sinks every time there is an outreaching activity (doing missions in a foreign land seems easier and cooler somehow and also because of my prejudice against Indian workers in SG. I should know better as an educated person but it is not easy to throw out a mindset that has been instilled in me since young ok). How i wish i was like many others - on fire and fearless when it comes to spreading the love of God. Alas, this is me: avoiding the nitty gritty stuff and passing the opportunity of celebrating Christmas with the migrant workers, which i felt regretful afterwards. Hence, today was a God-given opportunity. Not only because there was an event for me to attend, but also because i was able to excuse myself from going to my grandmothers' place this afternoon due to my sister's award ceremony. And it wasn't that i had no more fear - rather, i am the kind of person who would press my bruise until it numbs. And so i went despite wanting to die on my way there. You have no idea. It turned out to be enjoyable. I am thinking of volunteering regularly.

3. I met an exchange student previously on a bus as she was unable to settle her bus fare. We exchanged numbers in case she needed any help around school and turns out she is pretty excited about meeting me again. She. Asked. Me. Out. For. Lunch. What?!

Discouragement slams me in my face every time i bolstered up my courage to outreach. It was to the point i resigned that i was probably the sower and never the harvester - destined to never see the fruits of my (or anyone else's for that matter) work - in the grand scheme of things. Coupled with my apprehensiveness, my fear for outreaching grew. But God opened up so many doors for me this week and you have no idea what this even means. For the first time in my life i am actually seeing the shoot (shoot!!!) of the seeds that fell from the sky! As what my LG would say, "easy fish"! I am half scared to death and half amazed at how this week has turned out. Guess i have no choice but to yoke to Jesus and get dragged along lol.

No comments :

Post a Comment