Sunday, November 16, 2014

I have heard the song of love that You sing

Photo: x x x / Lyrics: You Make Me Brave by Amanda Cook / Edited by: Me

Creating typographies had been my form of worship unto God in the past. I could spend hours imprinting verses and lyrics on beautiful pictures. Its been too long, too long.

I like the analogy between waves and God's love. To me, God's love is like when you walk on the edges of the shore - the moment when the warm waves kiss your feet and then slowly drawing back. It is soothing and comforting and i just want to feel the waves lapping against my skin forever. But the waves in You Make Me Brave are not gentle. It is majestic and strong. I remember seeing the Indiana ocean in Bali and realising the full intensity of the song for the first time. God's love is calming but it is also powerful. Do i even fully know what that entails?

Mmm.

I have been wanting to lead a more prayerful life. I always thought myself as extremely blessed. I could haven been born impaired, i could be living in a war zone but here i am, safe and sound while children - babies even - wonder if they could make it through the next second. It struck me that it is not that God does not care for those people. He has placed others in influential and privilege positions so that they can be a refuge to those in need. I am where i am so that others can find refuge in me. Though i cant do much but i can pray.

I used to think prayers are redundant. If God wants to work miracles, He will do so. How does my prayer help? But someone shared a story with me one day. The church was in chaos and people were fighting with one another. One man asked God why doesn't He do anything. Then, he saw armies of angels surrounding the church. And God said, "I won't move until my people pray."

God wants to move but He wants to move with us. It is a co-operation, not a one-man (or in this case, God) show. Prayers help me see God's heart for His people. Prayers help me align my will with His. God's heart is hurting and i want to cry with Him.

No comments :

Post a Comment