Monday, July 28, 2014

AND THEY MADE IDOLS OUT OF MEN


1. The Face Shop Face It Primer Velvet Skin 
Prime your face so your makeup will last longer.

2. Nyx Concealer In A Jar in Orange / Hard Candy Glamoflauge in 01
Conceal. I typically only apply concealer over dark circles but not over blemishes because i find it to be too cakey. You can skip that orange concealer actually. I bought it because i read reviews that they were good at covering up dark circles but it didnt work on me. I realised those reviewers were African Americans so... i dont think it really does anything for fairer skin tone. But since i bought it, i might as well use it right? 

3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Radience Reveal Foundation / Shea Butter
Bourjois Healthy Mix is my favourite foundation. I like to mix it with Shea Butter to achieve an extremely dewy look and to moisturise my face even more. But skip this Shea Butter and/or the foundation (replace it with a matte foundation) if you do not like the dewy finish.

4. Jurlique Lavender Silk Finishing Powder / Elf Complexion Brush
Lightly dust powder across the face. Shea Butter can make your skin waaaaaay too glossy and slippery so this is an important step to set your base. I actually receive this powder as a present from my aunt's friend because she bought it but decided to switch up for a different powder. I have been using it for quite some time and i seriously love this powder. It blurs any imperfections out haha. I kind of knew it came from a good brand but i didnt know how much it actually cost until i decided i would like to repurchase this product if i ever finished using it. Man, this thing is not exactly cheap.


1. Elf Cool Bronzer / Elf Complexion Brush
Contour face with a darker shade of powder. I used the 3rd quadrant for underneath cheekbones and mix it a little with the 2nd quadrant for jawline. I am using the Elf Complexion Brush again because this is an extremely multipurpose brush! The flat top can be use for powder or blush and the sharp edges for contouring.

2. Canmake Cheek & Cheek in 03 / Ecotools Powder Brush
Swirl the orange and pink blush powder together and apply to the outer half of your cheeks, gradually widening the area as your brush gets closer to your ears. Sweep leftover all around face. I am using a powder brush for this but i think it works really good as a blush brush too!

3. Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette 
Use Blackout (1st from the right) to fill in eyebrows. Remember to do it gently because nobody likes extreme black brows. Use a finger to apply Foxy (3rd from left) all over eyelid, follow by Chopper (4th from left). Dip a fluffy eye brush into Half Baked (2nd from left) and mix a little with YDK (3rd from right) and blend it across the crease of your eye. Sweep remaining across the outer half of your bottom eye.

A small confession... This is not the real Naked 2 Palette hahahaha. I was in Bangkok with a friend and we saw this in a shop at a super cheap rate - fake of course - and we were like "even if we get eye cancer also must buy!" Hahaha. No problems so far by the way! Except the colours are not as vibrant as compared to the real deal.


1. Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner
Line eyes thinly with a black liquid liner. Extend the end a little and flick it upwards to create a slight wing.

2. Catrice Glamour Doll Volume Mascara Waterproof
Coat 2 layers of mascara on your lashes after curling them. I like to first roll the wand, and then jiggle the wand in a zig zag motion and finally comb through my lashes with the mascara wand.

3. Nyx Butter Gloss in Devil's Foodcake
Smack a bold colour onto your lips and you're done! I usually dislike lip gloss because it is super sticky. But this absorbs into a buttery finish which i dont quite mind.

OOTD: 
Top from Cotton On, Outerwear from F21, Pants from H&M (haha all my favourite brands in one outfit) and a vintage bag passed down from my aunt. I swear i remember seeing this bag when i was like 5 because my aunt used to carry it everywhere. Its a really functional and classy bag! Um, didnt do much with my hair. Couldnt be bothered.

The Performance:
It was my first time going for a concert/performance. I never really got the idea of chasing after idols. Sure, i had my fair share of crazy days ogling over celebrities but it never went beyond stepping out of my house. Like why would i even want to wait for 2 hours just to meet another human? Siao ah. But i really wanted to experience going for a concert at least once in my life and when i saw that The 1975 was coming to Singapore i thought they were my best bet. I bought the tickets and went to the performance alone. The 1975 was great live but i didnt enjoy myself thoroughly. One reason being i realised going for concerts is something that you should do with friends. I dont regret my decision but i will make sure i have company if i go for concerts next time. The second reason is because my brain wouldnt shut up.

There's a difference between being a fan of a band's music and being a fan of the band members. I understand that packaging is an extremely important factor to ensure sales and popularity and it is not that bad if we are talking about goods and items. However, we are talking about humans and actual dreams (that is, if the artistes is truly passionate about music and not just fame) here. Sometimes it gets to a point where i wonder if artistes are actually selling their artistry or their body. I feel sorry for talented individuals who go by unnoticed because they are not "well-packaged". I feel even sorrier for those who truly have a passion but are only recognised because of how they look. That is a really is a big insult in my opinion. While watching The 1975 performing and while watching the crowd, i wondered what was it that the audience was consuming. And tbh, though there were people who were genuinely there for their music, most were just there for Matt Healy. I felt a sense of isolation between him and the audience that night and i think its because he was so passionate but the audience was unable to reciprocate the reverence he had for his music (not him).

Or maybe its just me thinking too much lol.

And you wonder why i couldnt fully enjoy the concert. It really is one of the FML moments in my life. I basically paid $100 for my brain to go into an overdrive and start thinking excessively. Sure, it is an interesting topic but not then.

Anyway i still really like The 1975. Look deep into the lyrics, you'll find that the songs are more than just about sex, drugs and police although they all revolve around those themes (i mean, they literally have 'Sex' and 'Chocolate' which is an innuendo for drugs as their song titles). Their songs are well-written to the point that even though they are not relatable to me, they are so intimate that i can feel his blood and tears flowing through the lyrics. It is as though you hold the key to a secret door that allows you to take a peek into his personal life. That, and also because their musical style is distinct and amazing. And, they are great live. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

There are still other topics that i would like to touch on regarding this post but i think this has been a heck of an entry. Next time then.

2 comments :

  1. omg i didn't know u went alone, we could've went tgt!!!!!!! next time ask me ok hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha omg!! You were there too?? ok next time ask you!

      Delete