Thursday, September 19, 2013

NTU Hall 15 Room Tour



*Drums roll* The room tour! I filmed a short clip so its easier to visualise the entire room. Warning! Watch in HD because it looks terrible otherwise. I live in Hall 15, which is one of the most newly renovated halls. I love the room layout because its big and pretty BUT hall 15 is damn far from the rest of the campus. To illustrate this, i live next to a jungle. Literally. There are a total of 3 bus stops which are near Hall 15. The blue campus loop, red campus loop and the public bus stop. I dont usually take the red bus because i have to walk all the way to the next hall (hall 12 & 13) to take it. My point is, hall 15 is not the best in terms of locations. But its new so i guess that makes up for it.

Ok, so now we move on to the wordy explanation of the room aka the dry and boring bits.

The first thing you'll see upon reaching your room is your door and your shoe rack. Do note that different halls have different room layouts and different furnitures provided so some halls do not have shoe cupboard included. People usually put their shower baskets on top so they can just grab it when they head out to the toilet. 

So when you step into your room, the first thing you'll see is your bed. This is where i eat, sleep and work. I pretty much do everything on my bed because the table is located conveniently where i can reach from my bed hahaha. There are drawers attached to the bed. I only use the first and the last for plastic bags and socks.

In front of the bed is the wardrobe. But before i move on to the wardrobe, there is an attached rack for you to hang your clothes. I hang XX's hairdryer too because there's a plug and we can just sit in front of the wardrobe door (cause it has a full length mirror) and blow dry our hair.

Ah, the wardrobe. I sometimes like to leave the doors of my wardrobe open so i can stare at my clothes and/or look at the mirror before heading out. But ever since there was a runaway lizard in my room, i have been wary about leaving things wide open. The wardrobe can be separated into 3 sections: the top, the middle, the bottom. 

Ok, starting from the top. The top shelf is where i place useless stuff like containers and boxes. And medic kits and medicine. I place my recyclable bags on the next shelf. Recyclable bags are important because i do bring stuff back and forth from hostel to home. I also have my toothbrush and razor. I dont put my toothbrush with my shower basket outside because i think its unhygienic.
The middle part is self explanatory because that's where i hang my clothes. SKIP.  


Left side is where i put my facial products because the full length mirror is on the left side of the cupboard. The right side is where i put my shirts that do not need to be hung. I know it looks like pile of unwashed laundry but its not ok! Sometimes im lazy to hang/fold clothes so i just stuff it in there.

By the way, the containers/boxes are actually recycled! The jar for my brushes was from a shop where they sold cakes in jars. Next to it, is actually a stationary holder (with dividers!!!) but i used it for my makeup. And the box for my lipsticks is... FROM FERRERO ROCHER! Hahahaha. I even brought a small bin to throw my used cotton pads. Although you cant see it, there's another row behind where i put my sanitary pads and cotton pads.


Ok, last but not least is the study area. I pin a lot of inspirational quotes so that i can look at them. On my table, you will find my bag, my laptop bag and laptop, readings and more readings, lamp, air purifier and power plugs extensions. It is important to bring extensions and internet cable. Dont even bother about trying to connect to the wifi from your dorm. #missionimpossible. There are 3 drawers (blocked by the chair) which i use to put my stationaries and useless papers.


So, the shelves. The top shelf is pretty much useless though the white container at the far left is for the utensils. The second shelf is a little more interesting. Books on the left. Textbooks in the middle. Tumbler and bottle on the right with tissue hiding behind. Its important to have tumbler especially when you live far away from the pantry, as i do. Im lazy to always go and take water so i just fill hot water into the tumbler. Oh, i usually put my keys on the bottom shelf too. XX, on the other hand, hangs it on the attached rack.

This is probably the most important part of the room besides the bed. There is nothing much to talk about this space except to stock up on food so that you'll never go hungry. And it helps to paste warning signs so that people will think twice before invading your food stocks. Stock up on biscuits, instant noodles, soy milk (in replacement of milk cause there's no fridge), can drinks, chips blah blah blah.

Ok, i think that's about it. Abrupt ending as i need to do my readings. Ciao.

1 comment :

  1. Love love love your video!!! And I replace milk with soy milk too!!! Hahaha I drink honeydew vitasoy : )

    See you soon x

    ReplyDelete