Monday, August 7, 2017

PORTRAITS OF PEOPLE

I’ve never been really interested in taking “professional” photos.

“Aiya, iPhone also can what!” I always say.

But I’ve been taking up photography recently. It sparked from one of my office conversations when my visual editor was so frustrated at my lack of photography skills because I made her pose and ended up taking many unfocused photos of her lol. I was obviously very clueless on how to operate a DSLR.

Me and my mentor lol
But another colleague of mine had been kind and patient enough to teach me starting from the basics. I’ve been making leaps of improvement if I can say so myself. I think I have a pretty good eye but it may also be because of the $2k lens (from the company) lololol.






Whilst I once preferred to be the subject of the camera, I now enjoy being behind the lens. There’s so much more fulfilment for me to quietly work behind the scenes than to be in the spotlight. My favourite type of shots are portraits of people, especially candid shots of them laughing. I love the feeling when the shutter goes off and you know that a precious moment is captured for eternity. It makes me so happy.



Thir.st family sitcom
Oh btw, did I mention that I’ve also started learning ukulele? I’ve been picking up many new skills as of lately, I'm so pleased with myself at my personal development HAHAHA.

No comments :

Post a Comment