Wednesday, August 30, 2017

PODCAST

In an attempt to hone my writing skills, I have been stalking the Modern Love column on The New York Times. It is a column where lay people all around the world write in their love stories and let me tell you that by no means are these of lousy quality. They are excellently crafted and I'm trying to learn new and better ways of communicating emotions from them.

The bad news is, you're entitled to access only 10 free Modern Love articles per month.

The good news is, they have a station on podcast and you're free to listen to as much stories as you want. They are recited by actors who engage in voice acting so that it doesn't sound dull and dreary. They even factored in BGM and ambience sounds hahaha.

I've never quite liked podcast because I didn't really see the point. But I realised it's an extremely useful tool because you can fish for many informative lessons. Nowadays, I don't really listen to music (actually I don't really blast music unless I'm working). Instead, I'll tune in to my subscribed podcasts when I'm commuting so that I'm still absorbing information during my "free" time.

Here are some of my favourite love stories so far. Can't embed it so I'll just slot in the links.
Other stations I subscribed to are John Piper's Look At The Book and Ask John Piper.

If you have podcast on your phone (all iPhones do), I highly recommend you to play around with it. And do let me know if you know of any useful stations - either on good writings or theological studies!

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete