Monday, March 13, 2017

Saviour, please

Savior, please take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can,
But I don't know how long I'll last

I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone,
God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me

Savior, please help me stand
I fall so hard, I fade so fast
Will You begin right where I end
And be the God of all I am
Because You're all I have

Hallelujah
Everything You are to me
Is everything I'll ever need
And I am learning to believe
That I don't have to prove a thing
'Cause You're the one who's saving me


Can we just take a moment and appreciate how well written this song is? Sometimes we take salvation for granted that we begin to momentarily lose sight of grace. Then there are times we think we can do without Him so we begin to let Jesus slip our minds. Yet what is life without Him? Nothing. May i never go through a day thinking i can make it on my own; thinking that i don't need You. I want to be conscious of You every single second. Salvation may be once off but sanctification is a daily process. Saviour, please keep saving me.

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. 
Philippians 2:12-13

No comments :

Post a Comment