Tuesday, February 9, 2016

GET READY WITH ME: CNY DAY 2



Welcome to my second episode of CNY 2016. Today, i feature a hand-me-down qipao from my grand aunt. She loves her qipaos and has an array of tailor-made qipaos made by some Hong Kong (or was it Shanghai?) seamstress. She passed me and my sister one each as she has grown out of it (i mean physically. She still retains her love for qipaos), and we decided to wear it for CNY.

Once again, i did a video tutorial on my make up look today. But this one is quite embarrassing and i was debating if i should post it up because the video quality is really lousy due to bad lighting :'( But i decided to post it up because i actually dubbed the tutorial in Cantonese. I do follow some Hong Kong youtubers and i thought it would be interesting to speak in my dialect but gosh, doing a dub in Cantonese is SUPER hard. I had to google and rewatch some Hong Kongnese makeup tutorials to learn how they say certain terms. I ended up having around 200 dubbing clips (because i kept deleting and re-recording)?!?! Yes, so for that i am proud of myself and my effort and therefore i am going to post it up anyway.

Haha, but honestly if you're watching it to learn/see how i put my make up this video will greatly disappoint you. But if you're looking for something to laugh over (like my half assed Cantonese), you may want to give it a try.

Also, if you're interested to learn how to speak in Cantonese, you can try this website which reads out Mandarin words in the dialect for you.

/edit/ just rewatched my video and I'm cringing HAHAHAH OMG.





No comments :

Post a Comment