Monday, February 8, 2016

GET READY WITH ME: CNY DAY 1

Happy CNY y'all! Chinese New Year has always been my favourite holiday because it is always so lively and i get to see all my cousins :D (although this year most of them are overseas T.T). Still, this year was enjoyable. Spent most of my time playing mahjong haha. Here are some shots from today's flurry of activities.

My aunt likes to cut the zodiac animal for the year every CNY
The small kitchen where all the magic happens

#squad
I didn't really know what to wear for CNY this year. I tried to shop around but i just couldn't find any nice CNY outfits that i like so i ended up choosing from the stash of new clothes that i already own (which are mainly basics). My mom actually asked me this morning why i wear such normal clothes as if I'm going to school haha. After picking the pieces, i just thought the style was very Audrey Hepburn-ish so i decided to do my makeup like hers as well!

Btw this was taken by my grandmother and i am so proud of it because she captured it so beautifully (though she took like 100 burst shots lol). Usually she has difficulties taking good photos because of her unsteady hands! Thanks ah ma <3
It is not 100% alike. I toned it down a lot so that it is more wearable but the main features are there - strong eyebrows, bold lashes, sharp features and bright red lips. I decided to do a video tutorial too! :D I had a lot of fun recreating her look, hope you guys enjoy my mediocre tutorial as well hahaha.



More to come tomorrow. Till then! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment