Thursday, May 9, 2013

The +64 Zone Part 2: The Taitai Life

I have concluded that Tanya is an early riser after sleeping with her for 4D3N. Every single time i woke up, she was already either showering or busy packing. Even when she was dead drunk the previous night, she still woke up earlier than me the next day. How is that even possible???

And so, day 2 begun with Tanya waking me up from all the showering noises. I groggily and most unwillingly dragged myself out of bed and got ready.


I looked white because i slapped on layers and layers of sunscreen and foundation with high SPF. Thailand is so hot that within minutes my entire back was sweaty. And im not a person who sweat much! I even wore clothes that were of light material but it was not much of a help.

My shopping started at Platinum Mall early in the morning whereas Tan and Shaf went to visit some temples. Platinum Mall is a great place to shop because its organised and they sell stuff that are trendier. However, the prices are not very cheap - Just a little below Singapore's pricing. I bought a lot of clothes anyway, to compensate the lack of goods hoarded the previous day.

Went to Wang Lang in the afternoon to find Tan and Shaf. Wang Lang is this small town filled with rows and rows of street food! We also found some good quality denim shirts at a low price!


That is a cup of Thai Tea in my hand. It was extremely sweet but nonetheless delicious. I think you have to buy the correct Thai Tea. The one that i drank was brewed from real tea leaves. SO GOOD. Dunkin Donuts in the background. Why is it so comforting to see familiar shops/brands overseas?

Ok, food photos spam. All taken by Anginn because i was busy buying and eating food to even bother snap photos. 











MBK Mall might be famous for shopping but the 6 of us went there to wash our hair and have ourselves a foot massage. I wish i had someone to blow dry my hair straight for me everyday so that my friends will stop fussing about how messy my hair looks. The foot massage was SOOOO GOOD. If i lived in Thailand, i would pay for a foot massage daily. Probably. I miss foot massages already ):

We had dinner at Greyhound's Cafe located at Siam Paragon. The waiters actually dressed like butlers. It was all very posh and elegant. The service was fast - your food literally arrive the next second after they served you cold water to drink. I have no idea how was that possible but we werent the only one who experienced this lightning fast service. Malcolm (a friend who went there a few weeks before me) also raved about how fantastic the service was.


Service matters to me a lot. I believe that quality should be the most basic fulfillment that every company should aim to achieve at the very least. But what makes one stand out from another is the service that they provide. You can tell how the company values its customers by the service it provides. 

Let us all take time to appreciate good servicing: I sent my Samsung phone for repair of LCD screen one evening and by the next morning, it was ready for collection. How amazing is that? Even if they have workers who worked through the night, dont they need to send my phone to somewhere first? They actually replaced my screen as well! I know this because there were a few scratches on my phone. They even replaced the sides of my phone. There used to be MANY dents around my phone because i dropped it so many times. On escalators, on solid stony grounds, on marbled floors - you name it. The Samsung guy actually commented that i was lucky that my screen has yet to cracked just by looking at the sides of my phone. That was how pathetic it looked. But they replaced them all. My phone literally looked brand new. I AM THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED.

Ok back to Thailand.



Photos courtesy of Anginn.

My point is, if you ever travel to Bangkok do consider dining at Greyhound's Cafe. The spaghetti i ordered was not very delightful but the rest of the dishes were great. Tom Yum soup was heavenly. I cant even bear to say how cheap the food (considering the service, and the atas location and the quality of food) was. 

The loots for the day. Wouldnt say it was a lot because some of it were for friends. Abruptly ends here because i am tired and i have yet to bathe. Wait for it. It's going to be legan-

No comments :

Post a Comment