Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Heaven On Earth

It's been 2 weeks since Greater Conference. This also meant that this post has been through rounds and rounds of editing within this period of time. Verbs replaced nouns and nouns replaced adjectives - Writing this almost drove me crazy. Every word i churned out seemed superficial and lacking. I went through a roller coaster of emotions. How do you begin describing the complexity of one's emotions? Where do you even begin? The translation from my emotions into a legitimate language was such a far cry that i was disgusted just by writing it.

I could have easily posted photos and throw in a few words here and there and call it a day. But it felt wrong to just leave it like that. I was extremely frustrated. But i had to see to its completion. Cut the story short: God equipped me with the words, the visuals and the presentation i needed. He put lyrics into my head; He painted an image in my mind; He gave me an idea. This result was this:

(Do excuse the poor resolution. Samsung's clips are not compatible with FCP and i've had a hard time trying to convert, import and export.)

3 years in my writing/film course taught me that there are 25 frames in a second. The crux of the video lasted 4:35 which is approximately 275 seconds. Multiply it with 25 and you will get a total of 6, 875 still pictures (Do note that the speed is 100x of the original). They say that a picture paints a thousand words so let's take that literally for this post. Which meant the video contained 6, 875, 000 unspoken words i hoped to express.

Now, i obviously know that this is not an accurate calculation but i am not trying to derive a precise numeric figure - leave that to the math scholars. My point is, God is so much more than words could ever say. And when i was lost for words, He gave me 6 million. When i said, "God I cant do this," He said, "You cant, but I can,"

I cant begin to describe how beautiful that is to me. And i will not. Because it will only ensue another wave of emotions that i am not quite sure i am able to take on presently. Whatever i've done and written is still not sufficient. But i suppose it will do for now. I've really tried my best and i seriously have to get this over and done with.

Now that the serious part is over, let us end off with a lighter note! I did manage to take my OOTDs for Conference. All my clothes and shoes for both days are from my Bangkok trip. Here are the pictures:

Cobalt Blue Top, Stripped Pants: Platinum Mall.
Brown Loafers (unseen): Chaktuchak Market.
Total Damange: SGD $36
Stripped Denim Top: Wang Lang Market.
Brown Button-Up Skirt, Brown Loafers (unseen): Chaktuchak Market.
Wristband: Greater Conference.
Total Damage: SGD $31

No comments :

Post a Comment