Thursday, January 30, 2020

THE FIGHT OF OUR LIVES

After years of going of declaring God's promises over our lives, this whole exercise of believing God for victories can easily become a prayer list of platitudes.

Sometimes you just write something for the sake of writing. Other times, the same points stretch over years and cynicism slowly creeps in. What's the use of writing all these?

And it was under such circumstances that I had to encourage others into sharing their breakthrough points for 2020. How was I suppose to lead the discussion when I myself wasn't convinced?

The simple answer: Get someone else to inspire them.

My 'someone else' just happened to be Steven Furtick. And who knew that I'd be so inspired by his sermon that I'd cry as I eventually share?


Perhaps I had been dismissing my emotions for the longest time over the different areas in my life that when I finally sat down to reflect, I realised how tired I was. The emotions all gushed out at once and accompanying it, my years of held-back tears.

How long has it been? How long more must I remain here?

More than victorious, I feel defeated. I feel like I'd never get out of this vicious cycle. I feel like I've been through the process so many times that I'm all chopped up dead inside.

But when we can't see the promises of God, when the progress seems so small, when we are too used to living in the drought that we are too battered to believe for rain again... this is when we need the support of our comrades.

God knew this and that's why at Elijah's lowest point, He said to him: "Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel – all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him."

You are not alone in this fight. There are others like you.

Sometimes when the promises of God seems so far from your reach that you just want to give it all up, you need to know that there are others running in the same race as you.

And sometimes when the promises of God feel so heavy that you can’t even muster the strength to mouth them, you just got to let your friends sing it over you instead.

Upon the faith of others, I will rise again. And through the strength of unity, I will continue to march on.

No comments :

Post a Comment