Sunday, September 25, 2016

IMMENSELY BLESSED


Today, i felt very blessed and loved by the church community (specifically the LG and the LGL team but sadly we didnt take a group photo as a LGL team).

Throughout the years, i have somehow developed a cynicism which made it hard for me to want to be vulnerable. I fed myself the lie that i want to be alone, that i am alone. However, this is false and unbiblical. We may, from time to time, require personal space but we were never meant to struggle alone in our battles. Everyone needs to be loved and to be cared for. Wanting to be alone may be a comforting lie, but a lie nevertheless.

I am still learning and relearning what it means to be vulnerable, to let people love me, to let myself be loved. Sometimes i still fall into the trap of wanting to disengage from people but it is times like these that the church community display what godly love is like to me. To see this bunch of people loving so genuinely and freely really puts me to shame. But it is also their love that encourages me and inspires me to love more genuinely and freely as well.

Today, i am thankful because i know that i have friends (and family of course!) who love and care for me. I am not alone and i dont have to struggle alone.

To the people whom i've hurt, sorry for the things i've said or done to push you aside. To the people who stayed by me despite my prickliness, thank you for your patience and trust in me. I honestly dont know what i've done to deserve you. And to the people whom will continue to walk by me, i may hurt you from time to time but i will try my best to keep learning what it means to love.

And specifically to NYC 7, thank you for being such a blessing in my life. Leadership can sometimes be a lonely journey but when you have an entire group of God-loving and God-fearing people supporting you, it doesn't feel so lonesome anymore :)


No comments :

Post a Comment