Sunday, November 15, 2015

❝ If you try to make someone do something, you will crush them with expectations. Not even God does that. People need to decide for themselves what to do, without coercion or shaming or manipulation, or else they’re only doing it to get you quiet. They won’t ever know why, and it will never become a part of them. Making demands is an external apparatus that will chokehold the people you claim to love. But if you truly love them, by listening and investing and sharing and even liking them, this is the only sort of love that will tenderize a heart to seek better for itself. This is true empowerment. ❞

I revisited my forsaken tumblr and saw this quote which i had reblogged two years ago. I don't know what made me notice it back then but i think it is interesting how something i had encountered in the past can speak to the present me.

No comments :

Post a Comment