Friday, May 23, 2014

Swimming

They say the more you struggle, the faster you'll drown. But it has always been a human's instinct to fight against the current at the first sign of drowning, hasn't it? But I suppose you can only resist the current for so long before realizing you can't control everything. I have been flailing around with my own efforts, trying to break through the water's surface only to make it worse. I just want to float above the waters now. Letting go makes me feel like a fish out of water: floundering, gasping, helpless. But I need to. It is hard and it is unnatural. Yet, I have to.

You don't drown by falling into the water. You drown by staying in it.

Conference is tomorrow and I am really excited about it. God always does a wonderful spiritual renewal in me and set my path straight for the upcoming year during conference. I think I will really be able to lay myself down now. I think I will really be able to give up my self rights this time round.

I'm starting to see it clearer
We belong to those who live
We are the love, we are the love we give
This is not some one-way mirror
Looking out at the world we're in
We are the love, we are the love we give

No comments :

Post a Comment