Sunday, June 23, 2013

Book: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close


Shaf kindly lent me her copy of Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close few months back. I'd watched the movie prior to reading the book and the movie simply blew my mind. It was the saddest movie that i've ever watched and i've never cried so hard in a theatre before. My sister and aunt cried pretty hard too haha.

I am glad that i've watched the movie first. I would have been lost in the plot otherwise. In fact, i had to flip back and forth when i was reading because i was slightly confused. The book had more details so i was able to add on to whatever information i had gathered during the film regarding the characters. I like the fact that this is not your typical book. The words and pictures were deliberately positioned to portray certain characteristics of the characters.

I cant write much about the plot because it is simply about a boy who lost his father and set on a journey to desperately hang on to the last memories of him. That's it. But there's a deeper meaning and beauty behind the words written. I am not able to accurately describe the journey of reading this book because this is something that is not just meant to be read, but to experience as well.

Photo from Google.

No comments :

Post a Comment