Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book: Ender's Game

I dont just love this book to bits. I love this book till my heart aches. Few hours after i closed the final pages of Ender's Game, i found myself drifting back to the story accompanied by a hollow, sinking feeling. I see Ender Wiggin in my mind and i feel his emotions (which is desolation 99.9% of the time). Every time his heart gets stabbed, my heart bled out too. I wish i could hold him, hug him. He seemed so real that i could almost touch him if only i reach out my hand. I cant even say i am truly happy to know that there's a sequel because it probably wont match up to this. But I can safely now say that i have found the book. The book that connects its reader deep down to their bone; the book that transforms dead characters into living souls. I know it sounds funny and silly but if you look hard enough, you'll be able to find a book that will rip your emotions apart as you read it and leave you alone to pick up the broken pieces at the end. And you are all but an unwilling victim.

Normally i would not recommend watching the movie prior to reading the book. But i would suggest so for Ender's Game. Because one, the movie sucks in comparison to the book. Two, it is helpful in visualising how half the games go.

I have to watch Ender's Game again because i love Ender that much.

“In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them.... I destroy them.”

“There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you. And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you”

“Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.”

“Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth.”

"They have a word for people our age. They call us children and they treat us like mice.”

“Because never in my entire childhood did I feel like a child. I felt like a person all along―the same person that I am today.”

“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

“There are times when the world is rearranging itself, and at times like that, the right words can change the world."

No comments :

Post a Comment